Educating Leaders to Transform Health & Care
From youth to M.D.s in training to longtime practitioners, Dell Medical School offers formative experiences for all learners ready to impact health.
Undergraduate Medical Education
Amid a growing health district and in hospitals and clinics throughout our community, future physicians become leaders ready to transform health. Students benefit from Dell Med’s curriculum — created from scratch to train a new kind of doctor — opportunities to earn a dual degree, mentorship from national experts, and partnership with members of the local health ecosystem.Explore Undergraduate Medical Education »
Graduate Medical Education
Dell Med partners with Ascension Seton to provide clinical experiences and training in a range of specialties, including a signature curriculum — Advancing Care Transformation — that emphasizes value-based health care, quality improvement, equity, leadership, teamwork and other key competencies in health systems science. All of this happens in the vibrant city of Austin — a growing hub for tech, industry and breakfast tacos.Watch: Graduate Medical Education at Dell Med »
- Child Neurology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Neurological Surgery
- Neurology (Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin)
- Neurology (Dell Seton Medical Center)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Clinical Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- Craniofacial & Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Genitourinary Reconstruction & Trauma
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Hematology & Medical Oncology
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Hospital Medicine Fellowship in Quality & Patient Safety
- Interventional Cardiology
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Epilepsy Fellowship
- Pediatric Headache
- Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Surgical Critical Care
- Vascular Neurology
Continuing Medical Education
By offering professional development opportunities that promote enhanced value, safety, quality and equity of care, Dell Med’s Continuing Medical Education program fosters innovation that improves how people get and stay healthy. Presenters include leading experts from Central Texas and across the country who deliver comprehensive, objective and evidence-based education to further scientific discovery and advancement.Read More About CME »
Master’s Degree Programs
Individual Master’s Degree Programs
The University of Texas at Austin offers prospective graduate students three master’s degree programs facilitated by cross-campus partnerships involving Dell Med.
- M.S., Health Care Transformation: Working professionals from across the health care sector who want to lead change, catalyze transformation and create high-value services in their field can earn a Master of Science in Health Care Transformation. The Value Institute for Health and Care, a joint venture of Dell Med and the McCombs School of Business, leads this one-year, nonresidential program.
- M.A., Design in Health: Creatives and professionals seeking expertise in how to apply human-centered design as a force for innovation in health and care can earn a Master of Arts in Design in Health. UT Austin’s School of Design and Creative Technologies in the College of Fine Arts leads the program.
- M.A., Humanities, Health & Medicine: Students and professionals seeking to explore how humanistic knowledge, skills and frameworks have the power to transform health and health care can earn a Master of Arts in Humanities, Health and Medicine. The humanities-focused degree — also aimed at those wishing to hone their skills as writers, researchers and critical thinkers — is offered in collaboration with the College of Liberal Arts.
Dual M.D./Master’s Degree Programs
In addition to the individual master’s degrees offered to traditional graduate students, medical students at Dell Med are also able to pursue an expanded selection of dual degree options, including a new Master of Public Affairs in partnership with the LBJ School of Public Affairs — as part of the school’s hallmark Growth Year.
Additional Training Programs
Dell Med departments operate internship, postdoctoral and additional training programs that build on the school’s value-based care focus and work to create a vital, inclusive health ecosystem. Trainees complete research, educational and clinical activities that further hone their expertise and position them as leaders in their field.