Mission & Vision
As a new medical school created in partnership with our community and built on the foundation of a top-tier research university, Dell Medical School is redefining the academic health environment.
From our groundbreaking Leading EDGE curriculum to our focus on measurably improving health locally and our bold vision for accelerating research, our team is rethinking everything.
I’m not interested in creating just another medical school, but in creating a medical school that really represents what we want health — and health education — to be in the next century.
S. Claiborne “Clay“ Johnston, M.D., Ph.D., Dean
Revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation;
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
- Accelerating innovation and research to improve health;
- Educating leaders who transform health care; and
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
A vital, inclusive health ecosystem:
- Vital: Vigorous, animated, full of life and energy, dynamic
- Inclusive: Open to everyone
- Ecosystem: The complex of a community and its environment functioning as a system