A culture that rewards creative thinking and encourages continuous, rapid-fire experimentation is essential to accelerating discovery — and impact.
At Dell Medical School, creative leaders are working to build a future-facing health ecosystem that encourages and empowers a broad set of innovators, from entrepreneurial start-ups to new collaborators who are redefining the intersections of academia and industry.
All the while, innovation is advanced by collaborative programs designed to quickly identify promising health research — and to help speed it from the laboratory to the marketplace.
Research Goals and Opportunities
Dell Medical School’s research operations and development goals are:
- To represent research interests in the Dell Medical School
- To position Dell Medical School as an ambassador, facilitating partnerships across the UT Austin campus by maintaining relationships with key leaders and identifying collaborators for specific initiatives or projects
- To work closely with Dell Medical School’s development team to oversee strategic approaches to institutional-level funding opportunities related to research
- To identify, implement and oversee services to support investigators
- To ensure that Research Administration supports infrastructure that effectively facilitates research
- To coordinate with Research Operations in planning space utilization, core laboratories and future research facilities
- To work closely with the Seton Healthcare Family in the areas of research operations and research support, and with Dell Medical School’s business affairs unit to ensure smooth pre- and post-award processing and support
- To facilitate strategic development for departments and institutes prior to the arrival of a chair or director
A program offered in collaboration with several of UT Austin’s colleges, schools and units, the Texas Health Catalyst accelerates the translation of research into health products.
The Dell Pediatric Research Institute is a medical research facility designed to advance understanding of childhood diseases and disorders and help take pediatric care in Central Texas to a new level.
The LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes is an innovative enterprise that places people affected by cancer at the center of designing and delivering cancer care, education and research.