Collaborating & Building Programs to Revolutionize Health & Care
The Department of Internal Medicine is working actively with its academic and community partners to achieve Dell Medical School’s mission and improve the health of patients and the local community.
The Department of Internal Medicine trains the next generation of physicians through an internal medicine and a dermatology residency program in partnership with the Ascension Seton, the Central Texas Veterans Healthcare System and CommUnityCare.
The Internal Medicine Residency program features a Distinction in Care Transformation track and a Primary Care Track, and it hosts the transitional training programs.
The department collaborates with its community partners to improve access to patient-centered, high-quality, evidence-based care in general internal medicine and the medicine subspecialties.
The Department of Internal Medicine team seeks to develop ways in which traditional medicine can complement efforts in health promotion, prevention and treatment of chronic illness.
The department is committed to creating new knowledge that improves the health of patients and of the Central Texas community.
Graduate Medical Education
The Department of Internal Medicine hosts and partners with the following graduate medical education programs at Dell Med:
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Dermatology Residency
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
- Hospital Medicine Fellowship in Quality and Patient Safety
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship (co-hosted with the Department of Oncology and the Livestrong Cancer Institutes)