Promoting the Delivery of High-Quality Primary Care in Austin & Beyond
The Division of General Internal Medicine in Dell Medical School’s Department of Internal Medicine is committed to educating medical students and physicians in training, as well as delivering high-quality primary care to Central Texas’ unhoused population and patients in CommUnityCare Health Centers, Veterans Affairs and UT Health Austin.
The division is responsible for designing and supervising the clinical experience and curriculum for the Internal Medicine Residency’s Primary Care Track and continuity experience in addition to providing innovative experiences in subspecialty, unhoused, complex, global health, LGBTQ+ and public health care.
- Supporting a longitudinal clerkship in primary care and family and community medicine.
- Facilitating primary care tracks within the VA Central Texas Health Care System and Internal Medicine Residency program.
- Improving access to and quality of primary care for underserved populations.
- Providing excellent resident ambulatory care training.
- Supporting the evolution of primary care residency.
- Enhancing primary care practice and payment innovation.
- Fostering personal and professional thriving for division faculty members, with opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Promoting physician wellness.