The fellowship is designed for residents trained in pediatric or emergency medicine who wish to become highly skilled leaders and clinicians in the field of pediatric emergency medicine.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated from a U.S. or Canadian medical school or provide a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certification.
- Successfully completed a three-year residency in either an ACGME–accredited pediatrics or emergency medicine program.
- Passed all three steps/levels of either the USMLE or COMLEX.
The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship participates in the fall sub-specialties match. Applicants can begin working on their Electronic Residency Application Service applications in early June. Application review by program administration begins on July 15. Early application is strongly recommended.
All completed applications are reviewed through ERAS. A completed application must have the following:
- All three steps of USMLE or all three levels of COMLEX;
- Four letters of recommendation (a letter from your program director is highly recommended);
- A personal statement;
- Your medical school transcript;
- Your curriculum vitae; and
- Medical School Performance Evaluation.
Interview-scheduling begins in mid-July. Interviews take place from late August through early November on Fridays, with a welcome dinner on the preceding Thursday. The process includes interviews with five to six program faculty members, a hospital tour and lunch with current fellows.