Our fellowship is designed for residents trained in pediatric/emergency medicine who wish to become highly skilled leaders and clinicians in the field of pediatric emergency medicine.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated from a U.S. or Canadian medical school or provide a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certification.
- Successfully completed a three-year residency in either an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-accredited pediatrics or emergency medicine program.
- Passed all three steps/levels of either the USMLE or COMLEX.
The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship participates in the Fall Sub-Specialties Match. Applicants can begin working on their Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) applications in early June. We begin reviewing applications on July 15 and recommend submitting your application early.
We will review all completed applications through ERAS. A completed application must have the following:
- All three steps of USMLE or all three levels of COMLEX
- Four letters of recommendation (a letter from your program director is highly recommended)
- A personal statement
- Your medical school transcript
- Your curriculum vitae
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
We begin scheduling interviews in mid-July. Interviews take place from late August through early November on Fridays, with a welcome dinner on the preceding Thursday. Our process includes interviews with five to six of our program faculty members, a hospital tour and lunch with current fellows.