Medical school graduates interested in the Child Neurology Residency — and training in an exciting, innovative setting — are encouraged to apply. The program seeks candidates who want to grow as a physician while shaping the program.
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by Oct. 30.
- All applicants must register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- At least three letters of recommendation should come from individuals who can attest to your capabilities, personality and skills. A chairman’s letter is not required.
- Personal statements are required.
- International or foreign medical graduates must have a green card and hold certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. International medical graduates should have graduated in the past five years.
- Applicants only need to submit one application to the child neurology program. You do not need to also apply to the pediatrics program.
The program prefers that applicants have no failures on any step of the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
All applications will be screened and reviewed, but positions will not be offered outside the NRMP match. If you are chosen for an interview or if the program needs additional information or documentation, you will be contacted via email. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Interviews take place Nov. 1 through Dec. 31.
The interview process takes place over two days. On the first day, applicants spend time with the pediatric residents, tour Dell Children’s and interview with key pediatric faculty members. On the second day, applicants interview with the Child Neurology Residency and Neurology Residency programs, eat lunch with residents and tour Dell Seton.