The Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program within the Livestrong Cancer Institutes serves as a home for scientists who aim to develop and implement comprehensive, evidence-based strategies that reduce the burden of cancer among disproportionally affected populations.
The program’s faculty represent diverse research areas in medicine, population health, social work and geography. Together, they collaborate to improve health outcomes.
Areas of Focus
- Develop comprehensive programs across all preventable, detectable cancers.
- Educate and empower individuals and communities in engaging in healthy behaviors to reduce cancer risk.
- Create effective community outreach strategies to increase education and promote evidence-based screening.
- Create health care pathways that facilitate equitable access to screening and full treatment options.
- Improve access to care by continuing to explore new, applicable cancer prevention and control methods available through scientific and medical research.