About the Series
In partnership with Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas and Texas Children’s Hospital Headache Clinic, the Pediatric Headache Fellowship offers a new virtual lectureship series — the International Pediatric Headache Didactic Series — designed for headache fellows and trainees, advanced practice providers and other health care professionals who are interested in learning more about pediatric headache medicine.
The series, featuring worldwide headache specialists, occurs every other Friday during the 2022-2023 academic year. Prospective speakers who are interested in leading a lecture are encouraged to complete a speaker interest form. Those who are interested in learning more about the series and would like to receive details on upcoming lectures are invited to complete a general interest form or email Sara Pavitt, M.D., or Irene Patniyot, M.D.
- Dec. 2, 2022: “Unusual headache syndromes/short-duration headache,” Prab Prabhakar, M.D.
- Dec. 16, 2022: “Childhood periodic syndromes associated with migraine,” Wilson Heredia, M.D.
- Jan. 1, 2023: “Hot topics in headache medicine,” Chris Oakley, M.D.
- Jan. 20, 2023: “CBT and other behavioral therapy,” Michelle Clementi, Ph.D.
- Feb. 3, 2023: “CBT and other behavioral therapy,” Cathleen Turnage, Psy. D.
- Feb. 17, 2023: “Physical therapy role in migraine,” Ali Ladak, PT, DPT, Ph.D.
- March 3, 2023: “Migraine epidemiology,” Manuel Vides, M.D.
- March 17, 2023: “History of migraine and migraine stigma,” Zuhal Ergonul, M.D., Ph.D.
- April 7, 2023: “Migraine advocacy,” Bill Young, M.D., and Shirley Kessel.
- April 21, 2023: “Research methodology,” Amy Gelfand, M.D.
- May 5, 2023: “Adult transition clinic,” Ally Bazarsky, D.O.
- May 19, 2023: “Beyond fellowship — setting up a practice, headache program, consulting, etc.” William Qubty, M.D.
- June 2, 2023: “Journal club/reviewer/editor experience,” Serena Orr, M.D., M.S.
- June 16, 2023: “Hot topics in headache medicine,” Madeline Chadehumbe, M.D.