The one-year, United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties-certified Pediatric Headache Fellowship recruits one fellow per year. The program accepts applications from residents who are trained in child neurology, adult neurology, pediatrics or family medicine who wish to become highly skilled leaders and clinicians in the field of pediatric headache medicine.
For the 2022 application cycle, the program will participate in the National Resident Matching Program and will follow the dates below. Applications to the program are accepted March 1-May 31, 2022.
- Application season begins: March 1, 2023
- Match opens for registration: May 17, 2023
- Rank order entry opens: June 7, 2023
- Quota/withdrawal deadline: July 5, 2023
- Rank order list deadline: July 19, 2023
- Match Day: August 2, 2023
If a position remains unfilled after Match Day, the program will continue to consider applications on a rolling basis.
- Have completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved child neurology, adult neurology, pediatric or family medicine residency.
- Have an active Texas medical license or physician-in-training permit by the fellowship start date.
- Be a U.S. citizen, have an Employment Authorization Document or be eligible for a J-1 visa. The program is unable to sponsor H-1B visa holders at this time.
To apply for the fellowship, please submit the following:
- Personal statement.
- Curriculum vitae (including United States Medical Licensing Examination Step scores).
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from the residency program director).
Please email the application directly to the program at email@example.com.
Interviews are offered to select applicants. Rolling interview dates for 2022-2023 will be virtual and include interviews with core faculty and the program director. After the virtual interview, in-person interviews may be arranged for interested applicants.