The Division of Primary Care and Value-Based Health sits in the departments of Population Health and Internal Medicine, reflecting Dell Medical School’s recognition of the importance of primary care to population and community health.
The division’s mission is to promote the delivery of high-quality primary care in Austin and beyond; provide excellent primary care teaching experiences for medical students and residents; and develop, implement and evaluate the impact of innovations in primary care, particularly how they bring value to communities and patients.
Areas of Focus
Areas of focus include:
- A longitudinal clerkship in Primary Care, Family and Community Medicine
- New primary care tracks at the Central Texas Veterans Health Care System and Internal Medicine Residency program
- The Neighborhood Health Initiative
- Improving access to and quality of primary care for underserved populations
- Excellent resident ambulatory care training
- Evolution of primary care residency
- General internal medicine and family medicine
- Primary care practice and payment innovation
- Physician wellness