The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship seeks internal medicine graduates or PGY-3 residents who are pursuing a career in cardiovascular medicine.
Applications to the program are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service. The program begins reviewing applications in August.
- Enter ERAS information between July and August. The program accepts documents from ERAS only.
- Choose “The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School” to ensure the program receives the application.
Include the following in ERAS:
- Common application form, including a personal statement and medical school transcript.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation: one from the program director and two others from the current institution, preferably one from a faculty member in the division of cardiovascular medicine.
- Wallet-sized color photograph.
- United States Medical Licensing Examination transcripts.
- For foreign medical graduates: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates status report.
Foreign Medical Graduates
Candidates requiring ECMFG certification will only be invited to interview if they are ECFMG certified.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or have an Employment Authorization Document. The program does accept J-1 visas for the three-year clinical fellowship, but the applicant must be extremely well-qualified.
After review of application materials, the program will contact qualified applicants via Interview Broker to schedule an interview. The program conducts interviews from late September through October. Interviews will be virtual for the 2022-2023 year.