Advancing Collaborative, Person-Centered Health Care & Population Health
The Center for Health Interprofessional Practice and Education (IPE) leads The University of Texas at Austin’s efforts to transform health professions education by promoting innovative learning experiences, disseminating best practices, convening key health and education stakeholders, and championing impact-driven scholarship. The center works across programs and institutions to advance collaborative person-centered care and population health.
The center transforms health care education by bringing students, practitioners and faculty from different health professions together in interactive, competency-based learning experiences. These experiences develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are essential to interprofessional teamwork in practice settings.
Areas of Focus
- No. 1: Establishing a Sustainable, Internationally-Recognized Health IPE Center
- No. 2: Cultivating a Collaborative Health Care Culture
- No. 3: Developing faculty and practitioners to lead IPE
- No. 4: Promoting Student-Driven Health IPE Initiatives
- No. 5: preparing a collaborative, practice-ready workforce