Applicants for the PGY-1 level are selected through the National Residency Match Program. All applications should be submitted through ERAS.
Our ACGME program identification number is 320-48-21-421. Our NRMP Code is: 1793320C0.
The following should be included in your application:
- Personal statement
- MSPE (Dean's letter)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked
- Medical school transcript(s)
- USMLE or COMLEX scores (Step I and Step II, when available)
- ECFMG Certification (if applicable) - candidates will only be invited to interview if ECFMG certified
- Applicants must either be a US Citizen, permanent resident or have an EAD card.
After review of application materials, qualified applicants will be contacted by our program to schedule an interview. We conduct interviews from mid-October through mid-January (no interviews are conducted during the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays). The interview day will begin at approximately 7:30 a.m. and end around 2 p.m. The interview day includes: interviews with the program director, associate program director and/or pediatric department chair as well as faculty, attending morning conference, lunch with residents and a tour of Dell Children's Medical Center. A social with current residents will be offered the night before the interview. The social begins around 7pm.
We appreciate your interest in our program. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about our application/interview process.