A premier collaboration space and community for value-focused health entrepreneurs and businesses
The Health CoLab in the Health Discovery Building at Dell Medical School fosters and supports a value-focused health ecosystem by bringing together world-class research and technology capabilities, space for multi-disciplinary collaboration and people passionate about improving health.
Benefits to Members
The Health CoLab is not a traditional incubator or accelerator. Our goal is to identify and support people and businesses who are as committed as we are to improving the health of our communities. Additionally, by working together, we want to help uncover new opportunities that become the catalyst for new businesses and products that improve health and reduce costs.
- Housed within Dell Medical School’s Health Discovery Building, the Health CoLab is designed to support close collaborations: the space has open wet laboratories, workstations, private offices, conference rooms, event space, quiet work areas, a kitchen and break areas. The wet laboratory includes tissue culture rooms, freezers and refrigerators, and access to other shared equipment, shared core research facilities and a vivarium.
- To encourage and support the inclusion of academic researchers and clinicians in the Health CoLab, it is located adjacent to the Dell Medical School Health Transformation Building (outpatient clinic) and the Dell Seton Medical Center (teaching hospital).
- Health CoLab members have access to space on campus in Austin’s Innovation Zone, but benefits extend far beyond the facility. Members are part of the vision of Dell Medical School: to build a vital, inclusive health ecosystem.
- This includes opportunities to collaborate and engage with other Health Product Innovation initiatives, including Texas Health Catalyst and various educational offerings focused on the challenges in creating sustainable and affordable innovation.
Company Selection Criteria
- Developing products and/or services that are aligned with and can support Dell Med health, research, innovation and care delivery goals
- Will benefit from Dell Med input/partnership/co-development
- Financially sound, viable business plan and team
- Compliant with all EH&S, OSHA and Dell Med regulations
- Space and resource requirements align with what Dell Med can support