The Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS) Fellowship, accredited by the ACGME, is designed to provide fellows with advanced training in the diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment of pelvic floor disorders. We prepare our graduates to provide consultation to peers and deliver the highest-quality, value-based, patient-centered care to women.
Our program’s goal reflects the vision of Dell Medical School — to create a vital, inclusive health ecosystem — by infusing innovative, non-traditional curricula and teaching methods. Our education goal is achieved through the following overall program objectives:
- Establish, apply, analyze, evaluate and refine comprehensive advanced medical knowledge and procedural skills to treat patients experiencing female pelvic disorders and benign pelvic conditions.
- Learn and apply the principles of value-based care to reduce redundancy of care, enhance the cost-effectiveness of care, improve patient safety and increase the quality of the patient experience.
- Collaborate with and lead cooperative, interprofessional and interdisciplinary educational and clinical teams to advance clinical acumen and improve patient outcomes.
- Develop expertise and contribute to the body of literature through continuous lifelong learning, self-assessment and scientific discovery.
In addition to the hands-on experience and clinical instruction in our inpatient and ambulatory facilities, we provide more than five hours of protected learning time each week for the delivery of our curricula with formats that include lecture-based grand rounds, simulation and skills workshops, small group discussions and self-directed learning.
Dell Medical School is located in one of the most interesting cities in the nation. Music, outdoor activities, sports, political action, theatre and film and a quirky local atmosphere make Austin a unique and stimulating place to live.
- Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas
- Seton Medical Center of Austin
- Seton Medical Center Williamson
- Women’s Health Institute