The approximate start date for the internship is June 1, 2023, and it will last approximately eight to 12 weeks. This is a full-time position, approximately 40 hours per week.
For questions about the position or application process, email Lauren Uhler, MPH, associate director of research.
Applicants must be accepted to or enrolled in medical school at the time of application.
- Interest in value-based care and/or one or more clinical areas within the Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Responsible and timely, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and work both independently and as a team.
- Professional and collegial attitude.
- Completion of college-level statistics coursework and/or experience with data analysis.
- Prior experience with core research-related competencies, such as study design, preparing presentations and/or posters.
- Proficiency with data analysis.
- Familiarity with SAS/Stata.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Eligible students can apply by sending a cover letter (addressing interest and fit for the position) and CV/resume (with USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 scores, if applicable) to Lauren Uhler by Jan. 16, 2023.
Please limit your cover letter to one page and your CV to two pages. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The internship is paid at a rate of $15 per hour.