The fellowship runs from approximately July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022, (start and end dates are flexible), and the program plans to fill the position by April 1. The deadline to submit applications is Jan. 25, 2021.
For questions about the position or application process, email Lauren Uhler, MPH, assistant director of research.
Applicants must be accepted to or enrolled in medical school at the time of application.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated
- Able to work well independently and in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Fluency in Spanish
- Completion of core clinical clerkships (e.g. current third-year medical student)
- Experience carrying out research projects through publication
- Experience making Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Proficiency with data analysis
- Demonstrated interest in value-based health care
To apply, submit your CV with USMLE Step 1 (and Step 2, if applicable) scores, a one-page cover letter and three references through the online application portal. If available, include a sample of previous work (PowerPoint presentations, published research, data analysis, etc.).
Phone interviews will be conducted with finalists.
The fellowship is a salaried position with benefits. The department also supports the fellow’s attendance at a Value Institute executive education course and the 2021 AAOS Annual Meeting.