Texas Health Catalyst supports researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs in accelerating the translation of innovations to health products.
A collaborative initiative with the Cockrell School of Engineering, College of Natural Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Office of Technology Commercialization at The University of Texas at Austin, Texas Health Catalyst aims to:
- Identify promising innovations, from devices to treatments to initiatives in digital health, diagnostics and imaging that have the potential to improve the value of care;
- Offer customized guidance from industry and clinical experts to help translate innovative concepts toward the clinic; and
- Provide milestone-based seed funding for exceptional projects that fit with strategic priorities of Dell Med and have the potential to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs and/or enhance the experience of patients, families, caregivers and health care providers.
The application process for the current cycle has closed. Sign up to receive updates about future cycles, portfolio projects, program events and other opportunities.
Awardees identified by a cyclical application process may receive as much as $50,000 to help advance their research, but the benefits of the program extend far beyond the award grant. They include:
- Customized feedback on the merits of the research project, potential roadblocks in the clinical translation plan and strategies for addressing these barriers.
- Educational opportunities that can help hone clinical development strategies, improve market potential and build momentum to help to move solutions from bench to bedside.
- When applicable, the chance to work closely with experienced industry experts who provide not only specific strategic, regulatory and marketing expertise, but also introductions to potential collaborators, licensing targets and sources of funding.
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact the CoLab.