Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), which electronically transmits residency applications, letters of recommendations, Dean’s Letters, transcripts and other credentials from your medical school directly to all the program directors you select via the internet. Contact your Student Affairs Office for assistance in submitting an application.
After a thorough review by an application committee, an e-mail notification will be sent to applicants who will be invited to interview with our Program.
Early application is encouraged. Deadline for receipt of your completed application is the first of December of each year.
It is a requirement of our Orthopaedic Surgery residency program to be ACLS certified, successful applicants will be required to obtain ACLS certification prior to orientation for the residency program.
- No failures on each USMLE exam are preferred
- It is preferred that International residents have graduated within the last 5 years
- US clinical experience with no gaps in medical training for more than one year are preferred
- There are no specific requirements regarding letters of recommendations, however, it is always best to choose people who have specifically mentored you or have a good idea of your capabilities, personality and skills. PLEASE NOTE: the new SLOR form is required
- There are no requirements on personal statement topics
- No other requirements outside of ERAS are necessary
Specific inquiries concerning the Orthopaedic Surgery Program should be addressed to: