About the Experience
Associates work for five to six hours a week on interdisciplinary teams alongside program leaders. This is an unpaid internship but associates may be able to get course credit depending on their academic program. In one of two tracks — program operations or an individual project — associates receive:
- Hands-on experience working on health care technology commercialization
- Exposure to cutting-edge projects and the latest trends and technologies in health care
- Access to exclusive closed-door Dell Medical School events and networking opportunities with clinical leaders and industry
- Learning opportunities through a speaker series featuring leaders from various departments in Dell Med
- Potential leadership roles with spin-out companies
The program is open to graduate students and recent graduates eager to make an impact in health care innovation. A business background (such as an MBA, bachelor’s degree in business administration or M.S. in Technology Commercialization) is preferred but may be substituted with business course credits or entrepreneurial experience.
Undergraduate students with extensive experience in life sciences, communications, finance, valuation, pitch decks, business plans and market analysis may be considered as well.
How to Apply
To apply to the program, submit the following application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with “Associate Program Application” in the subject line. If seeking course credit, apply at least a month before classes begin.
- Letter of interest
- Available start date
- Student status (undergraduate, graduate, postdoc, recent graduate or other)
- College/major and respective college or school at UT