Faculty development resources and programs are designed to assist Dell Medical School faculty members in the continuous quality improvement of their work as teachers and scholars.
We facilitate programs to stimulate innovation, build capacity, promote scholarship, support well-being and help faculty members achieve their academic goals. Many of the programs and resources are available to individuals who have a teaching role in a health care organization or the community — regardless of whether or not they have a faculty appointment.
Members of the Department of Medical Education provide leadership for the program, collaborating with faculty and staff from across Dell Medical School and Seton Healthcare Family in the design, delivery and evaluation of faculty development. Together, they work to expand the knowledge base for how to best support educators.
Have feedback on our offerings? Complete the faculty development needs assessment >
Teaching and Education
- Best Practices in Medical Education Grand Rounds
- Epigeum Clinical Teaching Modules
- Email Briana.Huntsberger@austin.utexas.edu to register for Epigeum
- Faculty Development Speakers Bureau
- Residents-as-Teachers Program
- Teaching Skill Workshops
- Community Preceptor Seminars (coming soon)