The Department of Psychiatry at Dell Med presents their latest Grand Rounds installment, "Addressing the Barriers to Health and Mental Health Equity."
- Russell Bach, MD, Associate Medical Director, Austin Travis County Integral Care
- William Lawson, MD, PhD, DFAPA, Associate Dean for Health Disparities, Dell Medical School
- Glenda Wrenn, MD, MSHP, Associate Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Science, Morehouse School of Medicine
- René Salazar, MD, Assistant Dean for Diversity & Professor of Medical Education, Dell Medical School
- 7:45 a.m. — Breakfast (optional)
- 8 a.m. — Humanities case study
- 8:10 a.m. — Presentation
- 9:00 a.m. — Q&A
By the end of this presentation, the audience participant should be able to:
- Recognize racial and ethnic factors that contribute to disparities in care.
- Develop strategies that can engage the community in addressing access to care.
- Recognize and apply personal strengths and skills that can be mobilized to promote community change.
Primary: Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Psychologists, Nurses and other Mental Health Professionals
Secondary: Other Healthcare Professionals
This activity has been designed to promote some of the following desired physician attributes and competencies
ACGME: Systems Based Practice
IOM:Provide Patient Centered Care; Apply Quality Improvement
IECC: Values/Ethics for IP Practice, Inter-professional Communication, Teams and Teamwork.
Lot 108 and Lot 118: free with any UT parking permit, entrance on IH-35 frontage road
Dell Seton Medical Center Garage: free with a physician’s Seton badge
Health Center Garage, HCG: 1601 Trinity Street. Self-paid.
For more information, please contact Chiara Onyett, Department of Psychiatry, 512-495-5301.
The speakers listed above report no financial conflicts of interest to disclose relating to the educational content of this series.
The Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds planning committee members are: James G Baker, MD, MBA; Beth Lippard, PhD; Cathy Stacy, PhD; Chiara Onyett, MA; Kim Kjome, MD; Sussann Kotara, MD; Jane Ripperger-Suhler, MD; Lowell McRoberts, MD; Kristin Escamilla, MD; Joseph Kugler, MD; Ashley Lamb, MD; Kristen Lasseter, MD; Aurora Osteen, MD; Gloria Oyeniyi, MD; Carrie Barron, MD. They report no financial conflicts of interest to disclose relating to the educational content of this series.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please save the date for Psychiatry Grand Rounds taking place the second Tuesday of every month.