About the Event
Learn practical tips and tricks from Moise Levy, M.D. on how to be successful in research studies. He will describe how he does collaborative research and provide best strategies for doing patient registries, along with providing examples of registry publications and sharing how he stays focused on the individual patient.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing zoom information about joining the meeting. You do not need to register separately for CME. After the seminar, you will be emailed an evaluation link. Once you complete the evaluation, a CME certificate will be emailed to you.Email Keli Hawthorne for the Zoom information.
By the end of this event series, the audience participant should be able to:
- Describe utility of collaborative (research) work.
- Review success stories of collaborative clinical registries and importance of patient/family roles.
- Examine examples of publications from clinical registries.
- Primary: Physicians, basic scientists
- Secondary: Fellows, residents, medical students, nursing staff, post-docs and other members of the health care team
This activity has been designed to promote some of the following desired physician attributes and competencies:
- ACGME: Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-based Learning and Improvement, Systems-based Practice
- IOM: Provide patient-centered care, Work in interdisciplinary teams, Employ evidence-based practice, Apply quality improvement, and Utilize informatics
- IECC: Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice, Roles/Responsibility, Interprofessional Communication, Interprofessional Teams and Teamwork
Levy, speaker for this educational activity, receives grants/research support from Castle Creek Biosciences, Galderma, Janssen, Krystal Biotech, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Levy is on the Advisory Board of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and receives honorarium from Mayne Pharma’s Data Safety Monitoring Board and Novan’s Data Safety Monitoring Board.
The following planners for this educational activity Zena Leah Harris, MD; Keli Hawthorne, MS, RD, and Juliet Laney do not have relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School designates this internet live course for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.