About the Event
In this installment of Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences’ Parker Expert Lecture Series, Samantha Meltzer-Brody, M.D., MPH, presents “From Bench to Bedside: A Translational Approach to Innovation in Research and Treatment of Perinatal Depression.” Meltzer-Brody is the Assad Meymandi Distinguished Professor and Chair for the Department of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is the director of the UNC Center for Women’s Mood Disorders.
For more information about the event, email Barbara Springer.
By the end of this presentation, the audience participant should be able to:
- Recognize the underlying pathophysiology of perinatal depression.
- Become familiar with the novel therapeutics in postpartum depression.
- Use innovative approaches to delivery of care in perinatal depression.
- Primary: Psychiatrists, social workers, psychologists, nurses and other mental health professionals
- Secondary: Other health care professionals
This activity has been designed to promote some of the following desired physician attributes and competencies:
- ACGME: Patient Care; Medical Knowledge; Practice-Based Learning and Improvement; Interpersonal and Communication Skills; Professionalism; Systems-Based Practice
- IOM: Provide patient-centered care; Work in interdisciplinary teams; Employ evidence-based practice; Apply quality improvement; Utilize informatics
- IECC: Interprofessional Teamwork & Team-based Practice; Interprofessional Communication; Values & Ethics for Interprofessional Practice
Samantha Meltzer-Brody, M.D., MPH, speaker for this educational activity, has financial relationship(s) with Sage Therapeutics (grants/research support), AncoraBio, Modern Health, WebMD/Medscape (consultant), Modern Health (Professional Corporation Shareholder, paid for this role and for consulting for this mental health services company to employers).
Jorge Almeida, M.D., Ph.D., and Barbara Springer, planners for this educational activity, have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
The CME Advisory Committee, reviewers of this educational activity, have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School designates this internet live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.