About the Event
This session of the Internal Medicine Grand Rounds features Robert S. Kirsner, M.D., Ph.D, presenting “Wound Healing for the Internist.” Kisner holds the endowed Harvey Blank Chair in Dermatology in the Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. He currently serves as director of the University of Miami Hospital Wound Center and Chief of Dermatology at the University of Miami Hospital.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, April 17 at 5 p.m. to receive the Zoom information.
By the end of this presentation, the audience participant should be able to:
- Identify standard of care in chronic wounds.
- Review latest advances in wound care.
- Integrate new science into wound care clinical practice.
- Primary: Department of Internal Medicine faculty
- Secondary: Department of Internal Medicine residents and health care team members
This activity has been designed to promote some of the following desired physician attributes and competencies:
- ACGME: Patient care; medical knowledge; practice-based learning and improvement; professionalism; system-based practice
- IOM: Providing patient-centered care; working in interdisciplinary teams; employing evidence-based practice; apply QI
- IECC: Interprofessional communication; teams and teamwork
Kirsner does not have relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
The following planners for this educational activity Dayna Diven, M.D.; Annie Feagins, M.D., AGAF; Kevin Hackshaw, M.D.; Parker Hudson, M.D.; Mrinalini Kulkarni-Date, M.D.; Paul Nader, M.D.; Ollieta Nicholas; Kirsten Nieto, M.D.; Snehal Patel, M.D.; René Salazar, M.D.; Cassandra Ryan; and Lyndsey Loughran do not have relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
Feagins, planner for this educational activity, receives Grants/ Research funding from Arena Pharmaceuticals and Corrona Pharmaceuticals.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed have been mitigated.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School designates this internet live course for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.