About the Event
Join us for the next installment of Dell Med Grand Rounds, featuring Reed V. Tuckson, M.D., FACP, presenting “Value Based Care: Charting the Landscape Pre and Post COVID.”
A recognized leader in his field, Tuckson is honored to have been appointed to leadership roles at the National Institutes of Health, National Academy of Medicine, numerous Federal Advisory Committees and corporate, nonprofit and academic boards. He has been recognized several times by Modern Healthcare Magazine’s listing of the “50 Most Powerful Physician Executives” in health care.
By the end of this event series, the audience participant should be able to:
- Explain the quality and cost pressures driving value-based care pre-pandemic.
- Identify conceptual and practical approaches to delivering and evaluating value in care delivery.
- Discuss the impact of the pandemic on the immediate and long-term future of value-based care delivery.
- Primary: Current physicians from all specialties
- Secondary: Residents, medical students, mid-level providers, nursing staff and other members of the health care team
This activity has been designed to promote some of the following desired physician attributes and competencies:
- ACGME: Patient Care; Professionalism; Interpersonal and Communication Skills; Medical Knowledge; Systems-based Practice
- IOM: Provide patient-centered care; Work in interdisciplinary teams; employ evidence-based practice; Apply quality improvement; Utilize informatics
- IECC: Values/Ethics for Interprofessional Practice; Roles/Responsibilities; Interprofesssional communication; Teams and Teamwork
Tuckson, speaker for this educational activity, has no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
Kevin Bozic, M.D., MBA; Clay Johnson, M.D., Ph.D.; Emily Vinas, Ed.D.; Lori Cook; Charlotte Harris; and Denice Richard, planners of this educational activity have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School designates this internet live course for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.