Residents and fellows participating in Dell Medical School’s graduate medical education programs can access the following mental health resources.
Physician Wellness Program
The Travis County Medical Society (TCMS) offers the Physician Wellness Program to all Dell Med residents and fellows. Through the program, physicians can receive confidential help to benefit their mental health and wellness. To get connected with a professional counselor, call the 24-hour support line: 512-467-5165.
- Appointments are made within 24 hours of request; after hours or emergency appointments are also available.
- The program is free to TCMS members and their life partner.
- TCMS vetted counseling professionals staff the program.
- The identity of participants is carefully protected.
- Sessions are non-reportable: no diagnosis is made, no insurance is billed and no electronic records are created.
- The program includes resilience/educational trainings and resources.
Residents and fellows can access confidential advice and support through Lifeworks. Call 888-267-8126 to get started or login via login.lifeworks.com using the information found on the school’s residency management system (login required).