The Family Medicine Residency at Dell Medical School seeks collaborative, community-minded primary care physicians who are interested in providing excellent, evidence-based care to the most vulnerable members of the community. Residents learn from and teach others in an environment that is respectful and cooperative.
All positions are offered through the Electronic Residency Application Service. The program does not offer any pre-match positions.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a graduate of a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education or Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation.
- Have a passing score for United States Medical Licensing Examination-I or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensure Examination-I within one attempt.
- Preferably have a USMLE-2 or COMLEX-2 score available and a score at or above the 15th percentile.
- Have graduated from medical school within the past five years and have recent U.S. clinical experience, preferably in family medicine.
- Be eligible for a Texas medical license upon the completion of residency. The medical school must be listed on the Texas Medical Board’s list of medical schools with “substantial equivalence.”
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The program does not sponsor visas.