Applications should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service before October. Only applications that are complete by that date will be considered. Interview invitations are sent out in mid-to-late October and all spots are offered through the National Resident Matching Program match.
These documents must be submitted through ERAS:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination transcript.
- Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination transcript — required for osteopathic candidates (note that D.O. applicants are encouraged to also submit USMLE scores).
- Medical school transcript.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (dean’s letter).
- Letters of recommendation:
- At least two letters must be from emergency medicine.
- Letters should be from an emergency medicine rotation affiliated with an accredited emergency medicine residency. The standardized letter of evaluation format is strongly preferred. Please ask letter writers to include an emergency medicine grade, obtained from the rotation director, prior to sending.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement (one page maximum).
Prior Residency Training
Physicians with prior residency training are welcome to apply. A letter of recommendation from the most recent program director is expected. Residents with training in specialties outside of emergency medicine may apply for a postgraduate-year 1 position.
Interviews are held on Wednesdays from early-November through mid-January. Interviews for the 2023-2024 year will be virtual. Students who complete a visiting student rotation will all be guaranteed an interview.