The WorkSpaces @ Texas Health CoLab are co-location spaces in the Health Discovery Building at Dell Medical School. The WorkSpaces bring together world-class research and technology capabilities with people passionate about improving health through multi-disciplinary collaboration.
The Texas Health CoLab team accepts WorkSpaces applications from around the world and provides non-dilutive support to innovative companies that target health care challenges of interest to Dell Med.
To co-locate at the WorkSpaces, companies must:
- Work to develop products and/or services that are aligned with and can support Dell Med health, research, innovation and/or care delivery goals;
- Have the potential to benefit from Dell Med input, partnership and/or co-development;
- Be financially sound, with a viable business plan and team;
- Be compliant with all EH&S, OSHA and Dell Med regulations; and
- Require space and resources aligned with what Dell Med can support.
Benefits to Members
The WorkSpaces @ Texas Health CoLab are designed to support close collaboration: open wet labs, workstations, conference rooms, event spaces, a kitchen and break areas invite conversation and collaboration. Quiet areas and private offices are also available.
To encourage and support the inclusion of academic researchers and clinicians, the WorkSpaces are located in the Health Discovery Building, the primary research facility at Dell Med. It is conveniently adjacent to the UT Health Austin outpatient clinics in the Health Transformation Building and to Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, the primary teaching hospital where Dell Med residents and fellows train. Members have easy access to shared research equipment and core research facilities.
More broadly, the ecosystem fostered by the WorkSpaces offers possibilities for interaction and collaboration between members, clinicians and thought leaders at Dell Med’s Texas Health CoLab, Design Institute for Health, Value Institute for Health and Care, Department of Population Health and more.